Do you know how to find a dentist? Selecting the right dentist can be easy when you know they abide by the OPT-In Dental Advantage Code of Ethics. The right dentist is concerned with your overall oral health, not just your teeth. One way to make sure you receive the right oral care is to understand the OPT-In Dental Advantage Code of Ethics:
- Patients are treated with the right care, respect, and consideration as the dentist would provide to themselves and their own family.
- Dentists will provide high quality levels of dental care they would happily showcase to other dentists.
- Each patient will be treated by the dentist using a custom dental treatment plan unique to your specific oral health needs.
- If a patient has dental insurance, the dentist will only bill for the services they provide.
- The dentist will work with each patient to ensure they understand the procedures needed and will provide truthful information about the procedures without any “up-selling” tactics that many other dentist’s use.
- When patients have been told they need certain treatments, OPT-In dentists are the ones to turn to for a second opinion.
- When a dental emergency arises, you must be able to trust your dentist. A good dentist will always provide an emergency contact number for their patients.
- Quality dentists will stay updated with the latest technology and education to clearly understand modern techniques and procedures used in dentistry.
Adhering to the OPT-In Dental Advantage Code of Ethics helps patients see how committed a dentist is to their patients. A good dentist will treat you like family, and they will always be open and honest with their patients about various treatments and costs.
How to Choose a Dentist
Once you have scheduled a consultation with a dentist, come prepared with questions for them. What are some of your main concerns related to your oral health? Learn about the dentist’s education and practice. It pays to spend time with the dentist to not only obtain the answers you need to trust them, but to also get to know them. Many people stay with their dentists for years to come, which is why it is so important to spend time conversing with the dentist and becoming familiar with each other.
If you want to find the right dentist for you, find an OPT-In dentist you know you can trust for your oral health needs.